Vulnerable populations | Nursing homework help
After reviewing Module 6: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following;
How effective are the resources in your community for the vulnerable populations we have discussed over the past 2 weeks? In which areas is there room for improvement?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Exploration of Vulnerable Populations
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross-reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Rector, C. & Stanley, M.J. (2022).
- Chapter 23 – Adult Women and Men
- Chapter 24 – Older Adults: Aging in Place
- Chapter 25 – Working with Vulnerable People
- Chapter 26 – Clients with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses
- Chapter 27 – Behavioral Health in the Community
Supplemental Materials & Resources
- Explore at least 1 of the E-Parent Resource GuidesLinks to an external site.
EParent. (2021). Resource guide directories archives. Special Needs Resource. https://www.eparent.com/special-needs-resource-directory/wpbdp_category/resource-guide-directories/
- Health Insurance in the United States 2015 reportDownload Health Insurance in the United States 2015 report
Barnett, J. C., & Vornovitsky, M. S. (2016, September). Health insurance coverage in the United States: 2015. Census.gov. https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/p60-257.pdf
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s Links to an external site.website and locate the article below:
- Read Peterson, K., Sharps, P., Banyard, V., Powers, R.A., Kaukinen, C., Gross, D., et al. (2016). An evaluation of two dating violence prevention programs on a college campus. Journal of Interpersonal Violence,0886260516636069, first published on March 13, 2016. doi: 10.1177/0886260516636069
- Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE)Links to an external site.
Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE). (n.d.). Who we are. https://www.nicheprogram.org/Links to an external site.
- Family Promise of Grand Rapids (6:03)
Scott Allen Creative. (2015, April 8). Family promise of Grand Rapids: Overcoming homelessness [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/4OeWyGj66fE
Family Promise of Grand Rapids: Overcoming Homelessness