Part 2: entrepreneur reflection paper – jamie acker
Part 2: Entrepreneur Reflection Paper
Expand upon the entrepreneur interview, and write a reflection paper on your chosen person. The entrepreneur reflection paper is worth 150 points and is due in Week 5. The purpose of this paper is to take the information from the interview and reflect upon the challenges and rewards of being an entrepreneur.
- The paper must be 4 – 5 pages in length.
- You must follow APA formatting.
- Include a table of contents.
- Even though this is not a scientific-type writing assignment and is mostly creative in nature, references are still very important. You must reference your interviewee. Be sure to look up how to cite an interview in APA style.
- Cover Page: Include who you prepared the paper for, who prepared it, and the date.
- Table of Contents: List the main ideas and section of your paper and the pages where they are located. The illustrations should be included separately.
- Introduction: Use a header on your paper. It will indicate that you are introducing your paper.The purpose of an introduction or opening is to
- introduce the subject and why the subject is important;
- preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered; and
- establish the tone of the document.
- Include in the introduction a reason for the audience to read the paper. Also, include an overview of what you are going to cover in your paper and the importance of the material. (This should include or introduce the questions you are asked to answer on each assignment.)
- Body of Your Report: Use a header titled with the name of your project (e.g., “The Development of Hotel X – A World Class Resort”). Then proceed to break out the main ideas: state the main ideas, state major points in each idea, and provide evidence. Break out each main idea you will use in the body of your paper. Show some type of division such as separate sections that are labeled, separate group of paragraphs, or headers. You would include the information you found during your research and investigation.
- Summary and Conclusion: Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing, but summarizing presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your report; minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they affect the tourism industry.
- Work Cited: Use the citation format as specified in the Syllabus.
Category Points % Description
Insight 50 28.5% What insights have you gained from your interview?
What did you learn from your entrepreneur?
Analysis 50 28.5% How did you interpret the message from the
entrepreneur with what you have learned so far in class?
(How would you apply theories reviewed in class?) How
was the information analyzed? What was the message
of your interview?
Organization 50 28.5 Was the paper organized, and did it tell the story of the
entrepreneur and your findings? The overall paper
should be cohesive and tell a story. How complete was
Total 150 100 A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above