Human resources mission statement – due tonight – immediately by 2000
HR Mission Statement – CREATE YOUR OWN MISSION STATEMENT FOR A COMPANY – DO NOT ANALYZE IT!!
You should have a firm grasp on the different types of human resource values and strategies that are commonplace in the workforce. From this information, build a mission statement for the human resource management function of a large firm of your choice. This is your firm and will be used as a foundation for many course assignments, so choose it carefully, and it should preferably be in your future industry. Your mission statement should describe core values of the human resource (HR) function that will drive future policies and procedures for your company. The mission statement should include a description of how the HR function will support operations and operate strategically, internally and externally of the firm. Furthermore, compare the mission statements provided, and write a short comparison/contrast. What strategies are good? Which are not-so-good?
Use your analysis when writing your own mission statement. Upon completion, this mission statement should be the base of your company’s effective human resource strategy. There is no word count for this assignment as long as your statement includes all of the components mentioned above. Below are some example HR mission statements that you can use to get started. Any sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
Sample 1: Human Resources Mission Statement Our mission is to treat each person as a valued customer while contributing positively to the bottom line of [Company Name] through comprehensive programming that displays a thorough understanding of all aspects of the human resources profession, including proactive involvement in areas of legal compliance and service that displays an enthusiastic interest in the lives of others. BHR 3352, Human Resource Management 3 We will continually develop our own repertoire of skills and maintain a balance between our personal and professional lives.
Sample 2: The Mission The mission of [Company Name] is dedication to the highest quality of customer service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and company spirit. To Our Employees We are committed to provide our employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of [the company]. Above all, employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every [company] customer.
Sample 3: Human Resources Mission Statement It is the mission of the human resources department to provide the following quality services to the employees of [Company Name]:
· recruitment of qualified individuals;
· retention of valuable employees;
· training, development, and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization;
· a safe and healthful working environment;
· inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication, and constant feedback; and
· resources for administering benefits, policies, and procedures. These services are achieved through a teamwork philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun! Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below.